Dinosaur Animation Test

Over the past couple of weeks I've been keeping busy animating a dinosaur. I've been working on it during the nights after work which has proved difficult during crunch time where 12 hr days became standard.

I wanted to create something a lot more interesting and dynamic than a walk cycle, with my key goals being to deliver a performance that has thought as well as weight. Ideally I would've loved to have animated a much larger dinosaur such as my favourite Brachiosaurus, however acquiring a quality rig for a large quadruped proved extremely difficult (If you know of any, free or otherwise, feel free to share). Overall I'm quite happy with what I've accomplished in the time I had and look forward to adding more creatures to my reel including my work/test shots on Happy Feet 2 which will feature animation with larger quads.

I've shared my raptor animation below:



No comments:

Post a Comment